Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Drawing

In 2001 my aunt, Abby Levine made this drawing for me. She based it on the black and white emusic.com sticker with John & John and two old-skool telephones. She created the surrounding imagery after listening to Lincoln and Flood. Flansburgh's autograph on there is what would eventually become my first tattoo. Click here if you would like a better look at the detail.

The second MP3 that I would like to offer you is:
Performed at the Bowery Ballroom in New York City on 10/23/99. It is, of course the slow version which features Dan Miller on the keyboard. I don't think I'm alone in preferring this version to the sped up one on Mink Car. I think that the original tempo lends a certain disposition to the song, like the narrator is plodding along, wanting to be extra careful that everything comes out right.

No comments:

Post a Comment