Saturday, April 14, 2012

TMBG Shirt #68: Black Hayseed Johns

Well, here it is. The final shirt. I guess when I started this I was not thinking about posting different versions of the same shirt in one entry, because I neglected to include the black version of my very first shirt, Hayseed Johns. But that's okay because it lends a kind of circularity to the whole thing. This blog is going to go on hiatus for a little while while I figure out what to do with it next. If you've enjoyed my t-shirt blog over the past fifteen and a half months, and/or you have an idea, I'd appreciate it if you would comment on this entry.
This one was acquired on eBay, and was worn by student security at Tufts University in Boston, MA on October 27, 1999. At the bottom is a quote from "How Can I Sing Like a Girl": "I want to raise my freak flag higher and higher."
MP3 of the Week:
Can't Keep Johnny Down

Performed at Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel in Providence, RI on 3/9/12.
Buy Join Us Now!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your mp3's and your t-shirts with everyone. Your blog is a great resource for all things Giants. Hopefully this won't be the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that hayseed design 20-odd years ago. It was a white tree and from memory the print was purple & orange. The only band I've ever seen live on three continents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was only after my comment that I saw the name tdk. I remember you from the TMBG chat days. You were probably the most obviously ardent fan of all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are correct. They *are* the greatest band in history! Thank you so much just for existing. I knew I couldn't be the only die-hard fan! (Now they are all I listen to!) They always make me happy.

    ReplyDelete