Saturday, April 16, 2011

TMBG Shirt #16: The Skullivan

I'm just running out to the merchandise stand..
I'll just be a moment, I'll just be an instant...
I'm back!! And I purchased Skully... you gotta check this ouuuuuuuttt.
When The Skullivan waves at you from a shirt..
You'd had better wave back or you might get hurt!
Okay, so I guess that this isn't really The Skullivan, but the song has always made me think of this shirt. It's a friendly, hip, new-age, halo-wearing, glove-sporting, mustachioed skull guy. I think that he's playing jacks. Designed by Meat Puppets guitarist Curt Kirkwood, this shirt should please even the most skull-obsessed phrenologist. On the back is a slightly more abstract painting that kind of reminds me of a Picasso.
MP3 of the Week:
Shoehorn With Teeth

Featuring the "CD Fast-Forward Version", performed at Toad's Place in New Haven, CT on 4/16/98.

2 comments: